ADHD Relief by Nitaai Meditation
ADHD (Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) is a mental illness in which the patient experiences inattention, hyperactivity and impulsivity. It is diagnosed in young people, according to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). In USA about 9% of children between ages 3–17 and 4% of adults are afflicted by ADHD.
The signs may not be very obvious but can be detected if observed carefully by parents.
• Cannot complete a task and changing tasks before completion due to boredom.
• Lack of focus and inability to complete homework.
• Misplacing personal or others belongings.
• Daydreaming and not able to listen when talked to.
• No self-motivation to progress in work or studies. Inability to follow instructions.
• Unusually talkative and fidgety.
• Unusual lack of attention span.
• Need for instant gratification and extreme Impatience.
• No understanding of consequences of the act performed.
• Difficulty taking turns, waiting or sharing.
• Often speak things which are not required or out of context.
• No hesitation in interrupting others.
• Organizing paperwork, prioritizing tasks and estimating the amount of time to complete projects.
• Genetic disorder: Research shows that this disorder is transmitted through genes.
• Stress: When the child is subjected to extreme stress they lose mental balance and develop ADHD.
• Intoxicants: obsessive abuse of intoxicants like alcohol, drugs, cigarette smoking can cause this.
This mental disease or disorder is generally treated by giving stimulants, non-stimulants, and antidepressants. All of these have side effects on the tender brain of the child or the adult. These work by making it easier for nerve receptors in the brain to communicate with each other.
The impact of stimulants are noticed quickly but they reduce appetite and impact sleep. They can also shorten a growing child’s height if taken for many years. Because of the fast-acting nature and effects, stimulants have neurofeedback also.
People living with ADHD show low levels of arousal in specific areas of the brains and the nervous system. It results in an impaired ability to focus. Through the training of Nitaai Meditation, people can learn how to increase arousal on their own, without any side-effects whatsoever.
The effective sound-breath technique of Nitaai Meditation helps in balancing the mind and body, strenghtening those areas which are weak, and further nourishing those areas which are strong.
Nitaai Meditation helps maintain a positive attitude. It helps in focusing on one's strengths, goals and interests. Nitaai Meditation can effectively help your child overcome the challenges of ADHD.